Monday, March 28, 2005

Pictures of a Dead Man

Joy wrote me over the weekend. I'm amazed at how patient they are being with me. Once I squeeze a few more fake pictures out of them I'll up the ante.
---------------------------------------------------------
[Dearest Shane,

I am always happy each time I read your email and I want to thank you for your cares.
I am getting better now but I will still visit the hospital tomorrow.]

She's gonna blow her whole wad on hospital fees before she even leaves the country.

[Regarding your question, I am a Christain and I worship with the Appolostolic Christ.]

Not bad. I need to make it harder to answer next time.

[I will send you the pictures of my late father by tomorrow.]

Huh?!?! At what point did I say: "Hey Joy, send me some pictures of your dead father"?

[I have lost some of the pictures I took with them before their death. But I will send you the pictures tomorrow.

Sincerely Yours
Joy.]

I can hardly wait.

Here is my reply:
-------------------------------------------------

Joy,

It's a good thing you have so much money in the bank so that you can pay for all these hospital fees. Do they have medical insurance down there?

I'm not very familiar with the Appolostolic church. What are your beliefs about where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going? How do you become a member? I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'm Jewish.

I think it will be nice to see a photo of your father, but as I've mentioned many many times before, I'd much rather receive some more pictures of you out and about. Just some normal photos of you at your home, outside, or with friends. I'd be glad to do the same if you request it.

Hope to see them soon,

Shane
-------------------------------------------

Your move Joy...

2 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

Either they gave up or they were undercover internet cops and busted you for trying to scam the scammer. What's up with the 4 million dollar deal? Inquiring minds want to know!

Supercords said...

I'm so disappointed with Joy. She PROMISED to send me photos and I haven't heard from her in several days. I think the jigs up for good this time.

As for the $56,000 check I received in the mail from the other scammers, I still haven't deposited it. I'm too scared. I got a call from them last night and told them Shane wouldn't be back for a few hours. (mostly because I was watching LOST)

I wish it were a real check, but that would be too good to be true.

Shane