1. There's nothing like a mass group start, where it looks like dozens of people will be trampled, but no one usually is. Whoever took this was at the right height to really show the scale of the crowd.
2. I love how many of the people in back are just chillin', oblivious to the starting gun. There's that one girl on the left, shivering in her sweat shirt. Meanwhile, everyone on the front line is sporting short shorts and a race T with one a finger on their Garmin watch. It's all business up there. The red headed kid, Mike Vick, wearing race bib #1, was last year's winner. He won again this year in 1:08:45. That's a 5:15 mile pace.
3. And then there's me, far left, posing as an elite runner. I hate getting trapped in the crowd, so I start out fast and then settle into a consistent pace.
4. See that anorexic looking chick with her hair in a bun to the right? She's 30 years old and blazed through this course in 1:12:13.
5. But the real question is, how did my brother-in-law Jake sneak into this race without me knowing? (middle, 2nd row back in the white hat)
Proof(s) I was there
I finished in 1:31:51, my best time. I came in 97th overall, the 65th male, and 11th in my age group. My average mile time was 7:01.