Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Now I'm Growing Impatient

My interest with the scammers is growing thin. It's becoming too much work to counter their attempts to steal my imaginary money. Let me catch everyone up on the e mails I've received:
---------------------------------------------
Attn: Mr. Shane,

[What you have to do is to print out the Form and complete it with hand written. As soon as you print out the Form, fill it with a pen and send it back by e-mail attachment or by fax number: +225 21 56 00 72.]

They have me cornered now. I could fill it out with a bunch of fake information, but that's too much work at this point.

[You should not send the money by money order but you should send it by western union or by the bank information which shall send to you if you can not make transfer by western union.]

Maybe I should get their bank information and forward it to the FBI.

[We have signed your ownership certificate and you are advised to urgently send the documentation fee so that the documents can be completed in your name to enable our remittance office complete your transfer.

Regards,

Dr. Syril Peco Williams Esq.,
Tel: +225 07 27 84 48
Fax: +225 21 56 00 72
E-Mail: legal@ciboa.net]
---------------------------------------------------

I got this second e mail from Dr. Williams the next day:

--------------------------------------------------

[Attn: Mr. Shane

This information is the account you need to make the payment for the documentation fee. You should transfer the fund to our acredited broker who will sign the
documents in your name and we shall ensure that this matter is completed next week immeditely we receive the official fee.]

Accredited by who? The International Crook Society?

[The Account Information which you need to make transfer is listed below:

Bank Name: SIB MARCORY.]

I did a Google search for this "bank" and came up with nothing. They could at least make an effort.

[FILIALE DU GROUPE CREDIT LYONNAIS.

ABIDJAN COTE D IVOIRE.

CODE BANQUE : 10007

CODE GUICHET: 01042

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 336645801000

CLE RIB: 71

SWIFT CODE: SIVBC1ABXXX

BENEFICIARY NAME: OBIAKOR LONGINUS.]

The beneficiary name is my favorite. I think I'll name my future son Obiakor.

[Urgently confirm the receipt of this information and make the transfer.

Regards,

Dr. Syril Peco Williams Esq.,
Tel: +225 07 27 84 48
E-Mail: legal@ciboa.net]
----------------------------------------------------

And now for Joy's e mail:
---------------------------------------------------

[Dearest Shane,

Thank you for your email, I will send you my pictures as soon as on Saturday. I wanted to send it today but there was a connection problem. I will send it to you tomorrow.

Sincerely yours

Joy]

Sweet!
--------------------------------------------------------

And then on Saturday....

[Dearest Shane,

I will be happy to hear from you as soon as you come back from your business trip ok. Please I will like o talk with you over the phone and I want you to give me your direct phone line so that I can always call you.]

I get the feeling that if I give her my number and don't send the money, she will be always calling me. No dice.

[I have attached one of my picture, I send you more ok.

I miss you.

Sincerely yours,

Joy]

The attached picture was just a crappy closeup of her face, taken from the same picture she already sent. how stupid do they think I am?!?! Ok, pretty stupid, but come on.
-----------------------------------------------

My replies to follow.

No comments: