Friday, December 21, 2007

Stone Island: Part 1

I went to explore Stone Island (Isla de las Piedras) today.

Takeover



I liked how these giant birds had commandeered this little boat. Nearby is where you take a water taxi to the island, which is actually a peninsula.

Titanik



We had a near miss with irony on the way over.

A view of the rocky peak I would soon be climbing.



After exiting the boat, if you take an immediate right, you will see this. Most people don't follow this road.



There's a small villa on this side of the island at the base of the peak.



The road continues around the back of the villa, which is where you'll find the path up the little mountain.



To get this shot, I had to throw a rock at the tree to get them to fly away.



The Path



These trees were everywhere. I was told later those are not limes, but big seeds.



I'll have to post the rest later. My connection at this crappy 4 computer internet cafe is unbelievably slow. It takes forever to upload photos.

No comments: