Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mt. Kagenobu

I hiked to the top of Mt. Kagenobu this afternoon, picking up a few caches along the way. I'm enjoying all the trails in this area.

Walking up the road to the trail head. I love Japanese front yards like this one.


I think I heard that having hornet's nests like this is good luck--these two were HUGE.


The view from atop Mount Kagenobu. The Shed (the starting point of today's hike) is located just past that elevated overpass in the bottom-right. Greater Tokyo is spread out beyond.


In the other direction, you can see the reservoir and mountains.


Where I grabbed a drink on the way up and back. I assumed by the hanging cup that it was safe to drink.


Children artwork posted at the trail head.


What the hundreds of daily tourists that pass by The Shed come to do. Photograph blossoms. They can't get enough of them. And I can't get enough of the people not getting enough of the blossoms.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Tourists & nature lovers? Why are their so many of both in a random suburb of Toyko?

C Bartholomew said...

Great photos. When are you hiking Fuji?

Supercords said...

The tourists are the nature lovers. This is a popular outdoor recreational area for people to go hiking and see the spring blossoms.

Thanks Chris. I saw some great shots on your blog tonight. Mt. Fuji will take a little more effort than walking up the road. Maybe after it warms up.