Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Mt. Fuji 2013

After a few missed opportunities last summer to climb Mt. Fuji, I finally checked it off my Japanese Bucket List. The weather was terrible at the top, resulting in a soaking wet camera and fogged up lens, so I didn't get any grandiose shots from the summit. Also, I was shivering uncontrollably and didn't have use of my hands or fingers to work the camera anyway. Good times.

View from the balcony of the lodge we spent two nights at


The lodge


We had to park over a mile from Station 5, which proved to be a pain on the way back.


Group photo at Station 5


Before the real climbing began


I hiked most of the way up and down with Spencer, the one in the flip flops. The Japanese hikers couldn't get enough of that. 


 The trail below
 

It was all downhill from here. And by downhill, I mean uphill, hurricane winds, freezing cold, and misery. Then we ran down.


 All you can eat buffet to celebrate our accomplishment.


Dinner and games at the Clark's on Sunday





2 comments:

Amy said...

Looking Good Shane!

Deanna said...

Glad you're having so much fun!