Monday, October 17, 2011

Riverton Dash After Dark 5 Miler & Oktoberfest 10K


Five mile races that take place in the evening don't come up very often, so I took the opportunity to race what is essentially an 8K. Riverton puts on very organized, professional races. I highly recommend them. The 2011 Riverton Dash After Dark followed the Jordan River Trail, with the course lit up from candles in paper bags.

This race attracted a lot of fast 35-39 year olds for some reason. 6 of the top 10 finishers were in my age group. That NEVER happens! Since the 1st and 2nd overall winners were 35-39, I ended up placing 1st in my age group--thus the medal pictured below. I finished in 38:29, 7th overall.


I wasn't so lucky in the Oktoberfest 10K the next morning, where I finished 4th in my age group. Since they only awarded top male and female overall winners, the 35-39 year old guy who took second place overall, was lumped into the age group winners, knocking me off the podium. My time was 44:14. 16th overall.

No comments: