Friday, July 30, 2010

Portland, Oregon

I'd never been to Portland before, so I was psyched when I had the opportunity to visit recently through work. My friend Kelsey has been living there for awhile and was kind enough to be my tour guide on a hot and sunny Saturday.

We started the day at the Farmer's Market


Berry season


Real tomatoes, not the crap they try to pass off as tomatoes at the grocery store.


Delicious produce


I read about this Popsicle start-up called SolPops in the newspaper the day before. We came across their mobile stand.


We went with Coconut Agave and Spicy Nectarine.


Most of our day was spent on the 4T Trail: Train, Trolley, Tram, and Trail


From the top of Council Hill, with views of Mount St. Helen's and Mount Hood.


I wish I had a moss covered bench in my yard.


Kelsey taking Sadie off road


I became a little obsessed with this Japanese themed front yard.






And this tree house


The "Tram" portion of the 4T. It takes you down to the waterfront.




A bus snuggie


Cooling off in a fountain at the Saturday Market


Sweet tats. The eyes of the bull are diamond stud piercings. Click to enlarge.

2 comments:

maria said...

I love Portland, but I don't think I have ever really "experienced" it. Looks like a great day!

p.s. what are the possibilities of finding the perfect outfit to show off and compliment all of your tats? Do you think she wears this every Saturday?

Supercords said...

I always say, just throw on a bikini and you're good to go.

Ok, I've never said that, but I believe it to be true.