Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tilly Take 2

Joey and I went to see Tilly and the Wall again up in Salt Lake earlier this week. They were playing with two other bands: SSION and CSS, or Cansei de Ser Sexy, at In The Venue. While we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we couldn't help but be annoyed at the terrible house sound. Kilby Court was way better.

SSION started out mellow enough, with the singer mingling with the crowd before taking the stage.


Then he went completely bezerk and put on a killer show.


Till and the Wall played second. According to the band, this was the first time they had ever played "Respect" from Erasure live. Not sure if that's true, but it was a great version.


The beautiful Kianna Alarid


Jamie Pressnall


Neely Jenkins


Tap shoes




I swear, I'm not obsessed.



...ok, maybe a little.

CSS's sound was the worst of the three bands. Nearly impossible to hear Lovefoxxx's vocals over the music. Glad I got to see them at Coachella.

CSS set list


Lovefoxxx


Ana Rezende


Adriano Cintra



3 comments:

Nichols Family said...

I would love to see Tilly someday. I love Erasure's RESPECT...I'd like to hear this version too.

How was Promotion?

Supercords said...

The Promotion was pretty good. I'll give you a sneak peak of my review, which I still need to post in my movie review group.

"A very funny script, which is played straight, for great comedic effect. Unusual comedies like this rarely cause a ripple with mainstream audiences. It’s too bad really, because I laughed hard and often. The two banjo playing, gay neighbors are a hoot. Loved the customer comment cards. Don’t expect rapid-fire laughs, as this is equal part drama, but still funnier than most comedies."

Rating: B

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

I want my twinner Jaime Pressnall's legs. So tap and maybe drugs help?

I like that rockers look average and dress as if everyday is Halloween.