Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota" --Soundgarden

Day 2

Slept in late, having remembered to put the "Do Not Disturb" notice up. Unless you enjoy getting up at the butt crack of dawn, never forget to put that sign up. Maids love to see if your room needs cleaning at 8:00 am.

Showered and then went for a walk around the Minnesota Valley Wildlife Refuge across the street.


Failed at my attempts to become a famous wildlife photographer:




Had lunch at the hotel restaurant. Crab and walleye cakes with a mango honey sauce. Quite delicious.


The ahi tuna and bacon sandwich was rather dry.


Flew home. The end.

I'm off to Vancouver this Thursday night for a regional convention we are holding there. I've never been to British Columbia and have always wanted to see it. I'll be working most of the time, but I'll do my best to see a few sights too. Check in next week for a full report and pictures.

No comments: