Tuesday, December 28, 2010

San Cristóbal de las Casas

I've been enjoying a few days in the beautiful city of San Cristóbal de las Casas.




Freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast. It's the perfect street beverage.


The first missionaries I've seen in Mexico. Elder Norman from Provo on the right. He said San Cristobal is the city everyone wants to get transferred to in his mission.


San Cristobal below from the vantage point of Templo de Guadalupe


Yes, I was an uninvited guest at the wedding inside. It was a beautiful ceremony and I even teared up a little when the bride was giving her vows.


Most of the colonial homes have huge doors that face the street, many with these old school locks.


An ill advised pass. Traffic was backed up for a mile.


Today's lunch. Pozole and tacos.


One of the hundreds of Indian ladies who walk the streets selling their wares. No, not those wares.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Tearing up at the wedding ceremony almost redeems you from not swimming at the beach. I'm so happy to hear that you got emotional. And lunch looks delicious--except for the onions.

Samantha said...

I love the look of this town. It reminds me of one of the little peruvian towns I've been through.