Sunday, April 11, 2010

Caching with Brayden

Sunny and warm out today. I took my little buddy Brayden out caching along the Jordan River. It was his first time, so I started with the basics. What is GPS? What are caches? Who hides them? How do you find them? What's inside? Etc.

I had loaded 6 caches within walking distance of his house. Despite some tough hides, we managed to find all 6 of them. He loved it.



This was a tough one. There were two decoy caches with clues to the real one. Brayden's holding the 2nd decoy.






The toughest find of the day. We searched every blade of grass in the area looking for this one. Just as we were about to give up, I brushed away some grass on the ground and discovered a green lid at dirt level. The cache was hidden in a sprinkler box below the ground. In reading the cache log, it took some people returning 3 different times with hints in order to find it. We lucked out.


An ammo box off the beaten path.


If you're ever in town and want to go caching, give me a ring.

7 comments:

maria said...

I've never heard of that! Who hides them?

robert said...

I'm in town and I want to go caching :)

Supercords said...

Maria: People like me hide them. I've hidden 9 so far.

Robert: You don't have a profile, so I don't know who you are. With that said, I'm happy to go caching with a complete stranger.

your average nobody said...

That was me -liz- I tried to leave the comment but apparently I was signed in as rob and then when I saw it I thought kind of creepy if a complete stranger wanted to go caching with you so I left it :)

Supercords said...

Liz, let me know when you want to go. You can bring the boys. My schedule is pretty open at the moment.

(in this scenario, a moment equals 2 1/2 months)

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

I love treasure hunts and that's what caching looks like. What fun!

Are you so happy with the results of Sunday's Amazing Race?! I am.

Supercords said...

Yeah, it's basically treasure hunts for adults.

I was THRILLED with tonight's Amazing Race result. Those sour pusses got what they deserved. The fact that their death blow was dealt by the hand of the ditzy blonde made it even better.