Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Chicago Day 1

I was in Chicago over the weekend for a friend's wedding. I went with my friend Amy who had just returned from Russia. Here are some photos from Day 1.

Since it was her birthday, I took Amy to dinner at an Ethiopian place called Mama Desta's Red Sea Restaurant. Seemed to be a combination of Arab and Indian food. Quite good.


You use the spongy bread to scoop up the various dishes. Silverware is overrated.


Walking back we passed some of Chicago's finest parked at the local Dunkin' Donuts. I'm sure they were following up on a big case.


The train stations are filled with local art, including this Latin masterpiece.

1 comment:

Billie Wonder said...

i always wanted to visit chicago.. maybe sometime next year i'll make a trip to know that place a little..